1. Evidence of an ocean on Saturn's moon Enceladus.IMAGE: NASA
2. Bill Nye vs. Ken Ham debate over evolution.VIDEO: YOUTUBE, ANSWERS IN GENESIS
3. Samsung's Graphene breakthrough.IMAGE: JOHN TLUMACKI/THE BOSTON GLOBE/GETTY IMAGES
4. Scientists reveal findings about Dreadnoughtus, the biggest dinosaur ever.VIDEO: YOUTUBE,
5. A sports car can runs on salt water.VIDEO: YOUTUBE, NANOFLOWCELL AG - QUANT E-SPORTLIMOUSINE
6. Robots can read human emotions.IMAGE: KYODO NEWS/ASSOCIATED PRESS/ASSOCIATED PRESS
7. MAVEN successfully swung into Mars' orbit.IMAGE: NASA
8. A blood test is developed to diagnose depression.IMAGE: VIMEO NORTHWESTERN FEINBERG
9. Cassini mission celebrates it's 10th birthday.IMAGE: NASA
10. Stanford engineers created a battery-free ant sized radio.VIDEO: YOUTUBE, STANFORD
There's no denying it: Science is cool, and 2014 was no exception.
This year, we discovered that one of Saturn's moons, Enceladus, was shooting geysers out of cracks in its surface. We also found a way to make a teeny, tiny radio that requires no battery. The human race is pushing forward into the final frontier — and also the tiniest frontier.
Although 2014 was also the year Kim Kardashian's butt broke the internet, let's take some time to remember the actual cool stuff people do.
Tags: END OF 2014, FACTS, SPACE, TRIVIA, WATERCOOLER, WORLD, YEAR END 2014, YEAR-END