1. RamenIMAGE: FLICKR, THATWELIKE
2. Fermented foodsIMAGE: FLICKR, CHLOE LIM
3. Homemade sausageIMAGE: FLICKR, STEVEN DEPOLO
4. DonutsIMAGE: FLICKR, RPAVICH
5. CauliflowerIMAGE: FLICKR, LIZ WEST
6. Punch and large format cocktailsIMAGE: FLICKR, SAM HOWZIT
7. Unusual pizza toppingsIMAGE: FLICKR, GINNEROBOT
8. Artisanal toastIMAGE: FLICKR, BRANDON SHEA
9. EggsIMAGE: FLICKR, WOODLEYWONDERWORKS
10. Beer cocktailsIMAGE: FLICKR, QUINN DOMBROWSKI
If in the last year you've slurped ramen, guzzled beer cocktails and stuffed your face with donuts, your food choices were on-trend for 2014.
Restaurants and home cooks alike brought back old favorites like refreshing punches, and and took up trickier hobbies, like sausage making.
HDT reached out to chefs from the Institute of Culinary Education for a closer look at the year's biggest food trends. Plus, they shared recipes so you can carry these trends into the New Year.
Tags: END OF YEAR 2014, FOOD, HOME, LIFESTYLE, PICS, RECIPES, UGC, WATERCOOLER, WORK & PLAY, YEAR END 2014