1. GreeceIMAGE: FLICKR, DANEL SOLABARRIETA
2. Ljubljana, SloveniaIMAGE: FLICKR, GRANT BISHOP
3. Southwest England, UKIMAGE: FLICKR, ROBERT MOORE
4. ItalyIMAGE: FLICKR, TOMMIE HANSEN
5. Viking DenmarkIMAGE: FLICKR, HEINI SAMUELSEN
6. Seville, SpainIMAGE: FLICKR, TONI RODRIGO
7. Outer Hebrides, ScotlandIMAGE: FLICKR, ANDREW BENNETT
8. Plzen, Czech RepublicIMAGE: FLICKR
9. Stavanger, NorwayIMAGE: FLICKR, SATREVIK
10. Toulouse, FranceIMAGE: FLICKR, JACME31
As the temperature rises in summer, so does the irresistible urge to escape the daily grind as far possible.
For those lucky enough to travel abroad, Europe is always an attractive option, but nobody wants to spend their hard-earned money on an overpriced vacation while fighting for elbow room with fellow tourists. (Unless you scored a really amazing hostel, of course.)
Luckily, Lonely Planet released their Best in Europe 2014 list — an expert guide to some of Europe's overlooked, underrated, must-see vacation destinations.
Tags: EUROPE, LIFESTYLE, LONELY PLANET, TRAVEL, TRAVEL & LEISURE, VACATION, WORLD