The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
Gaza health ministry official Ashraf al-Kidra says the area was busy
Wednesday because residents thought a cease-fire was in place. The
Palestinian Red Crescent confirmed the death toll.
Israel had earlier announced a "humanitarian window" in certain parts
of the territory. It said it would not halt fire in other areas,
including in Shijaiyah, where the strike took place.
Gaza militants had fired several rockets at Israel earlier.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.