Harrison Ford attends 'The Expendables 3' premiere during the Cannes Film Festival on May 18.
It turns out that Harrison Ford's leg injury will delay the production of Star Wars: Episode VII after all — but only for two weeks, and the film is still on track for its scheduled release date next year, according to Disney.
Ford, 71, broke his left leg last month on the set of the J.J. Abrams-directed seventh Star Wars installment; reports said the injury occurred when a hydraulic door of the Millennium Falcon closed or fell on him. Disney had initially assured fans that "shooting will continue as planned while [Ford] recuperates."
But StarWars.com announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule as Ford recuperates. The site said that the film's release was still set for Dec. 18, 2015.
Here's the statement from StarWars.com, which also included word of two new actors being added to the cast, the largely unknown Crystal Clarke and Pip Andersen.
In August, the team will take a brief two-week hiatus while adjustments to the current production schedule are made as actor Harrison Ford recovers from a leg injury. Harrison is doing well and is looking forward to returning to the set soon. Shooting remains on track to wrap in the fall with the film scheduled for release on December 18, 2015.
Ford is reprising his role as Han Solo from the original Star Wars trilogy. This new film's plot will take place three decades after Return of the Jedi, which premiered in 1983.
Tags: ENTERTAINMENT, FILM, HARRISON FORD, STAR WARS, STAR WARS EPISODE VII