1. He knows the uplifting power of a quick thumbs up.
2. He can fist pump like nobody's business.
3. He knows that every good coach needs a moment of zen.
4. He's not one to shy away from a bear hug.
5. He's not one to let a little rain dampen his spirits.
6. His levels of excitement can skyrocket from 0 to 100 in a mere seconds.
7. His facial expressions were pure joy and adrenaline.
8. He exhibited true grace on the sidelines.
9. He makes one hell of a Super Saiyan.
Mexico's head coach Miguel Herrera celebrates after Giovani dos Santos scored the opening goal during the World Cup round of 16 soccer match between the Netherlands and Mexico at the Arena Castelao in Fortaleza, Brazil, Sunday, June 29, 2014.
Mexico may have lost the game, but the Internet lost Miguel Herrera.
At first, it seemed Mexico was headed for a win in its Sunday elimination match against the Netherlands, but the Dutch scored twice late in the second half, leading to a 2-1 win in their favor. And while Mexico is hurting for its players, it's the team's lively Mexican coach Herrera who the Internet will miss most.
Although Herrera will no longer grace the World Cup sidelines with his incredible exuberance, he'll live on in our hearts as a true FIFA champion. Here are nine reasons why:
Tags: 2014 WORLD CUP, CONVERSATIONS, MIGUEL HERRERA, PICS, SOCCER, SPORTS, WATERCOOLER, World Cup