Fug or Fab the Cover: Katy Perry on Cosmo

Apparently, Katy Perry is on every cover of Cosmo this month, all over the world — Cosmo has a bunch of them here; it’s interesting to see which countries get a totally different look, and which have similar covers to the American one, so take a look if you’re into that. I would love to be in a cover meeting just to hear what goes into the decision-making process. I do remember talking to Kim France once, when she was at Lucky, and she told me that non-smiling covers just never sold. I wonder how ones where Katy Perry might be trying to hex you do:
Very sultry! At first I thought she was wearing a hotpants romper and I was all, “oh, KATY.” But now that I know it’s actually a VERY VERY short dress, for some reason, I think it’s rather cute? I don’t know: when you’ve seen a woman wear a bra that shoots firecrackers out of her nipples, you can’t really be shocked by a crotchtacular sequined number. I’m more weirded out by the fact that the holes near the neckline make her look like she has eyes where her armpits are, like she killed a very festive dragon and made it into a dress. That’s not actually a complaint. It’s commitment to a look, though.
How does it grab you?
[Cover: Cosmo/Matt Jones]

No comments:


© 2012 Học Để ThiBlog tài liệu