1. Amazon CruiseIMAGE: FLICKR, STEVE WILSON
2. Galapagos IslandsIMAGE: FLICKR, BRIAN GRATWICKE
3. MexicoIMAGE: FLICKR, WILLIAM WARBY
4. Uganda SafariIMAGE: ERIC ROCK, NATURAL HABITAT ADVENTURES
5. ChinaIMAGE: WWF/CANON, BERNARD DE WETTER
6. Churchill, Canada: The "Polar Bear Capital of the World"IMAGE: FLICKR, VISIT GREENLAND
7. South African SafariIMAGE: FLICKR, STEVE WILSON
8. The Himalayan Mountains of MongoliaIMAGE: FLICKR, MARK DUMONT
9. IndiaIMAGE: FLICKR, CAT LOVERS
10. Coral Reefs off the MaldivesIMAGE: FLICKR, USFWS - PACIFIC REGION
If catching a tan on an exotic beach or traveling to a tourist trap of a city seems like a bland and boring way to spend your summer vacation, a wildlife adventure may sound like a more appealing getaway. But you'll have to hurry, or you may miss the main attraction.
The World Wildlife Fund highlighted some of the most exciting wildlife adventures in the world. These tours give travelers a backstage pass to some of nature's wildest adventures, as well as a chance to catch a glimpse at some of earth's most vulnerable species.
Despite the WWF's conservation efforts, many of the species they fight desperately to protect are increasingly at risk of disappearing from the planet permanently, earning themselves an unfortunate spot of the world's endangered species list.